Senior Java Developer – Lucidworks – Springboard
ObjectStyle is a provider of open source solutions and commercial software development services with offices in the US, Belarus, and Poland. We are a major driving force behind such projects as Apache Cayenne – a powerful ORM framework, Bootique.io – a container-less Java app launcher, LinkRest – a model-driven REST engine, and a number of others. Our clients are located in the US, Australia, and EU. We work with the National Hockey League, Wikipedia, and other great companies.
Currently, we’re searching for a talented mid-to-senior Java developer to join the Springboard team of one of our key clients – Lucidworks. Lucidworks is the commercial company behind Apache Lucene/Solr, the world’s leading open-source search platform. These cutting-edge technologies power critical search apps at thousands of businesses worldwide both large and small – including Netflix, IBM, Twitter, LinkedIn, and dozens of other household names. Team is currently building the new generation of cloud search product – Springboard.
Why would you want to join?
- Scale. Search is being used in highly loaded environments with 4k requests processed and 3-5M documents being indexed every second.
- Cloud development. Springboard is the new generation of the flagman company product Fusion built from the ground up specifically for the cloud.
- Big-name in a tech world. Lucidworks is a known and respected company in the tech world. That would definitely look good in your CV.
- Team level. This is the team of world-class senior engineers. You will be working with people from Amazon, Reddit, and other technology companies.
- Comfort. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment you will be able to perform at your best. That’s why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work.
Things we seek
- At least 5 years of real-world software development in Java 8 or above
- Experience with concurrent programming and distributed systems
- Clean coder / writes code that can easily be fully unit tested
- Good Java/JVM debugging experience
- Ability to implement large features incrementally
- Strong ability to communicate:
- Gives early notice of blocking issues and/or progress updates on sensitive issues
- Suggests potential improvements to system or components
- Asks questions if requirements are not clear
- Understands and fully embraces good software engineering principles: “separation of concerns”, abstractions/modularity, incremental development, consistency, etc.
Nice to have
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Basic ETL processing
- SaaS experience