This position has been
FilledView Open positions
Java Developer - search, distributed messaging
Lucidworks is the commercial company behind Apache Lucene/Solr, the world’s leading open-source search platform. These technologies power critical search apps at thousands of businesses worldwide both large and small – including Netflix, IBM, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, and other household names. The team includes leading contributors to the Lucene and Solr projects, as well as experts in enterprise search, distributed computing, and scalability.
We are looking for a mid-to-senior Java Developer to work as a part of the Lucidworks product team on their core product. In addition to the strong Java skills, we'd be looking for experience in either search tuning (Solr, Elastic) and/or distributed messaging (Apache Pulsar or Apache Kafka). Target profile: Strong Java developer with experience in either search tuning (Solr or Elastic) and/or distributed messaging (Apache Pulsar or Apache Kafka).
Why would you like to join:
- Scale. Lucidworks products are used in highly loaded environments with thousands of requests processed and millions of documents indexed per second.
- Big-name in the tech world. Lucidworks is a known and respected company in the tech world. That would definitely look good in your CV.
- Experienced team. This is the team of world-class senior engineers. You will be working with people from Amazon, Reddit, and other technology companies.
- Comfort. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment you will be able to perform at your best. That's why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work.
Must have skills:
- 3+ years of real-world software development in Java 8 or above
- Experience with concurrent programming and distributed systems
- Clean coder / writes code that can easily be fully unit tested
- Java/JVM debugging experience
- Ability to implement large features incrementally
- Good communication skills
- Understands and embraces good software engineering principles: “separation of concerns”, abstractions/modularity, incremental development, consistency, etc.
Nice to have:
- Docker, Kubernetes
- ETL processing
- SaaS experience