This position has beenFilled View Open positions
Senior Cloud Engineer (DevOps) / System Administrator
- Minsk, Belarus
About the project:
We are looking to hire a full-time senior Cloud Engineer (DevOps) for our core client to design, program and operate services in a hybrid AWS / data center environment. Should be well-versed in all the core AWS services, how they work, how they don’t. The right candidate will know how to build infrastructure with the robustness to keep servers running 24x7, while maintaining the security of customer data. Understanding of Cloud Networking technologies such as VPCs, Security Groups, etc. is a must. Familiarity with AWS Security Tools including 3rd party tools, 2FA Services, WAF (CloudFlare, Centrify) is a plus.
High degree of proficiency in automation technologies, you know how to write modules, how to script API calls, because you’ve done it many times before in a 100+ server production environment. (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform).
Solid Linux background is a must.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Build the full stack of AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
- Build configuration and automation tools to simplify the process of deploying, upgrading, and scaling systems and software across our environment.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration and platform integration.
- Ability to plan, document, and execute tasks effectively given minimum supervision within a structured, highly available environment.
- Provide technical support on application server-related and web applications issues.
- Ability to diagnose problems from vague initial customer description through the full stack to underlying root cause.
- Available to provide after-hours support.
- Strong Focus on security best practices.
A qualified applicant will have at least 5 years administrating Linux servers and at least 2 years AWS experience. They will be experienced with: AWS Cloud Core Services - EC2, EBS, S3, etc, AWS Cloud Networking & Security – Security Groups, VPCs and major Configuration Management / Automation tool (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc). The ideal candidate must be able to write a standalone module/recipe in whichever package your site currently uses. Experience with full stack website operations, at scale, in a 100+ server environment, other virtualization & container technologies – Kubernetes, Docker, VMware, etc. and a strong Linux experience (preferably CentOS and/or RedHat) are a must.
A successful candidate will have experience administering core Linux services such as Apache, OpenSSL, OpenLDAP, MySQL, etc. and with Big Data and NoSQL – Hadoop, HBase, Sqoop. Knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols and common system protocols such as SNMP, SMTP, DNS, FTP(S), SSH, HTTP, Bash and Python scripting and version control systems, preferably Git are a must.
Additionally, a successful candidate will have good English and communication skills and the ability to directly interact with the client.