Currently, we’re searching for a talented engineer for one of our key clients - LucidWorks. Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. They’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping customers to meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale. LucidWorks roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. LucidWorks is serious about the impact of their products to catalyze results for customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
The Sustaining Engineering is part of a team of Software Engineers focused on supporting existing customers and product installations through troubleshooting, research, communication and programming. This team is the final escalation point between Support and the Product Engineering Team. Duties include reviewing customer escalations and working with cross functional teams to resolve critical issues . This requires a desire to constantly learn and understand how our customers configure and use our product. Analyze the available data to determine the root cause. Strong troubleshooting, debugging and testing skills coupled with good written and verbal communication skills and a willingness to dig in and figure things out a must.
This Engineer will collaborate with the Team and focus mainly on our customers in Europe as we grow as an organization. Have a strong desire to work with our support organization and our customers to solve real world customer challenges.
- Primary responsibility is addressing field and support escalations that are sent to Engineering from EU and Asia
- Have a learning mindset to focus on continually improving the escalation process with an emphasis on improvements to shorten and reduce customer escalations
- Troubleshoot field escalations and get a clear understanding of the problem to communicate Business issues to other technical teams
- Ability to summarize and present technical solutions to solve Business problems
- Ability to navigate the undefined with a mission to clarify and make it easier for those that follow
- Implement small bug fixes and create/edit documentation for internal audiences and external
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum 2 years in a Sustaining Engineering Role working with Software Releases
- Demonstrated experience debugging distributed Java applications and web applications
- Demonstrated experience in operations and automation including pytest, Jenkins, docker, AWS, Kubernetes, Windows 2012/2016, PowerShell, bash
- Highly motivated, organized and works well with minimum supervision
- Experience problem solving: Looks to solve current customer pain with an eye to long term sustainability of our product
- Ability to troubleshoot field escalations and gets clear understanding of problem and communicate it clearly to others
- Strong general coding and debugging skills
- Enjoys working with and collaborating in a fast-paced agile environment of mostly remote engineers
- Stays calm under pressure and has good customer service, communication and negotiation skills
- Resourcefulness – willing to jump in, work with both opportunity and constraint, and leverage existing resources to accomplish goals
- Team player - confident collaborating with a diverse community of people and personalities across geographies, backgrounds, and professional abilities
- Strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Empathy and care for all stakeholders of Lucidworks, including employees, executives, partners, and guests