This position has been
FilledView Open positions
- Poland, Warsaw
Currently, we’re looking for a Search Engineer for one of our key clients - LucidWorks. Lucidworks is the commercial company behind Apache Lucene/Solr, the world’s leading open source search platform. These cutting edge technologies power critical search apps at thousands of businesses worldwide both large and small – including Netflix, IBM, Twitter, LinkedIn, and dozens of other household names. You will be working on the front lines, providing technical expertise to our growing roster of Fortune 500 customers.
Why would you want to join?
- Scale. Fusion is being used in highly loaded environments with 4k requests processed and 3-5M documents being indexed every second.
- Expertise. The Lucidworks team includes leading contributors to the Lucene and Solr projects, as well as experts in enterprise search, distributed computing, and scalability.
- Professional growth. This is a great role for an ambitious engineer, with a passion for emerging technologies and who wants experience working with high profile customers. You will be exposed to the technologies that being used in the one of the most advanced and highly loaded information retrieval systems.
What are the key responsibilities of a new member?
- Provide expert-level support services to a wide range of customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge from 15:00 to 23:00 CET. This is because we need to cover US East Coast timezone (9:00 - 17:00 EST).
- Resolve complex search issues in and around the Lucene/Solr and Lucidworks Fusion.
- Reproduce product issues and open bugs to work in collaboration with our engineering team to provide timely solutions to our customers.
- Set up, integrate and maintain cloud-based information retrieval systems.
Things we seek
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers via different communications means (email, phone etc).
- 1-2 years of work experience.
- Comfortable user of Linux or other UNIX-based systems.
Nice to have
- Java experience
- DevOps background, especially with AWS
- Preferred experience with Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch or Big - - Data technologies or NoSQL databases.
- Exposure to other related open source projects (Mahout, Hadoop, Tika, etc.) a plus.