About the project:
We are looking to hire a full-time senior Linux system administrator to work with our core client, a major sports organization, to support the server environment that runs our applications. They have a mixed virtualized/cloud environment with 100+ physical servers, running primarily on CentOS, with a some Windows servers.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and deploy systems within virtual and cloud infrastructure.
- Create automation/script processes to streamline team workflows.
- Build configuration and automation tools to simplify the process of deploying, upgrading, and scaling systems and software across our environment.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration, and platform integration.
- Provide technical support on application server-related and web applications issues.
- Ability to diagnose problems from vague initial customer description through the full stack to underlying root cause.
- Be available to provide after-hours support.
- Have a strong focus on security best practices.
A qualified applicant will have 3-5 years administrating Linux Servers, preferably CentOS and/or RedHat. They should also have experience administering Linux services such as Apache, OpenSSL, OpenLDAP, MySQL, etc.
A qualified applicant will have knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols and common system protocols such as SNMP, SMTP, DNS, FTP(S), SSH, HTTP and experience with storage technologies, SAN/NAS, Disk & Flash technologies, Fiber Channel switches & GigabiteEthernet configuration. Should have experience working with Bash and Python scripting, version control systems, preferably Git and experience with Puppet, Ansible or similar configuration management tools.
Not required, but good to have is experience with Windows Server 2008/2012, containers such as OpenVZ and Docker, virtual systems (preferably VMware) and experience with Cloud services such as AWS, EC2, S3. As well as strong understanding of the application stack and experience supporting high-traffic websites.
Additionally, a successful candidate will have good English and communication skills and the ability to directly interact with the client.